Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Monday, July 10, 2023

Shy or frightened?

 

I've always had problems approaching women. Even if I'm madly in love with one, I would merely worship from afar, fantasying about how romantically it will (can?) all end. Petrified of rejection, of failure or even a public smack in the face. Maybe.

I think I've only ever asked once, it was a girl leaving boarding school to return home. Of course she said 'No' adding 'I'm leaving...'.

Where were my brains? Of course she would refuse, she was, after all going back to the UK and that is over 6,800 miles away.

I did get a perfumed letter many months later. That, made my heart soar!

All my life, it's been the ladies who made the first move. I guess that way, I won't get a kick in the guts eh?

No comments: