Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Big Town Boy

 

Dad quit the government service and we moved to the big town where he ran a business with his siblings and father. As a newbie in town, we lived in a third floor apartment while looking for a place to call home. I remember the shiny parquet flooring.

When Dad went to work, Mum became friendly with the neighbours, especially this American lady. She had a daughter. Think she was blonde with blue eyes. But, Cathy is a faded memory. Kathy or Cathy, now a blur.

On the ground floor corner of our apartment block was a toy store. There, I would spend my hard earned 10 cents on a fake ring for Cathy, or was it Kathy.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cheap books online from iconic Australian-owned bookstore. Premium service. Shipping Australia-wide & international. (02) 9264 3111

Sassy Souhern Woman said...

Ah, the romantic. What would our world be like without them? You being a romantic at such a young age is delightful. As I was reading, I thought that you were going to talk about how you found a very expensive diamond ring underneath the carpet. As a result, you helped your dad buy a big house where you had your private room to look at girly magazines are just daydream about girls with big, creamy white, boobs and hard pink nipples. I imagine that you still did that in your room on the third-floor apartment.

Young Werther said...

hahaha, Sassy Southern Woman, I was more interested in finding a play friend than hot women. The latter came later *wink wink*