Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Cheap Plonk


The 16th annual Chardonnay du Monde competition was held on 11 to 14 March 2009 at Château des Ravatys, the wine estate of the Pasteur Institute at Saint Lager in the Burgundy wine region of France.

923 wines were sampled from 37 countries. After four days of judging, coming in as one of the 10 BEST Chardonnay in the WORLD is Mc Williams Hanwood Estate Chardonnay - South Eastern Australia 2007.

Yup, just stocked the cellar at $6.50 a bottle from 1st Choice Wines

Quality comes at a price... sigh ;)

5 comments:

Frequent Traveler said...

I'd buy the grapes at the market and stomp them myself !

Trixie said...

That's a bloody good bargain and I would fill up my cellar as well! (And I would have said that before I posted about AA - I tried to but it wouldn't let me comment a few days ago) so pleeeaaassseeee don't apologise!!!!

Young Werther said...

The wine was excellent and well worth the trip to the bottleshop!

Annie, should I ever own a vineyard in the south of France, I'll send for you :)

Trix, there are somethings that makes it worthwhile living here, cheap plonk, timtams and vegemite. But then I miss the Head and Shoulders, McVities Choc digestives and Cinzano!

Frequent Traveler said...

Your comments section isn't up for the Miss California post - YW.

I actually thought she was fairly tactful - not wanting to offend the STRAIGHT population - and it was the guy who asked her that that was out of line, a totally inappropriate question from a biased jerk !

Young Werther said...

Annie, totally agree with you. She didn't sell her soul to win but said what she believed in.

And Blogger is playing up. Thanks for the heads up.