Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Friday, November 2, 2012

If...


If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Weird question, it's kinda like if I can't brag or post photos online, did I really do it? Isn't it funny that I'm more concerned about taking photos for sharing rather than savouring the atmosphere and feeling the vibe....

The curse of social media I say!


2 comments:

Lilly said...

What, a life doesn't count just because there is no public record of it anywhere? I don't know, I guess with Twitter and Facebook and even Pinterest photos are all important. And styling is everything and therefore life more contrived I guess. The measure of a life well lived (for some) is via the updates and images they show or see. I am not on Facebook personally just my blog is (which is an entity in itself lol).

However, I often think of my day to day life in terms of posts though. I think for bloggers its important to feel the vibe and savour the atmosphere in order to be able to write about things if we want. Images are less important, well to me anyway. And you can write about stuff without revealing too much if you dont want to.

I think the bottom line is that social media, just like the traditional media, allows the truth to be massaged and manipulated. That is dangerous for those who do not get 'it'.

We can create any life we want to online but it is how we feel about it ourselves that is what matters.

Good food for thought YW.

Young Werther said...

Think social media is playing havoc with our lives and with smartphones, it seems more important to 'post and brag' rather than merely having experienced it... that's what it looks like from the kids FB pages!