1) At the top is Eliza Dushku as Echo in Dollhouse. For those who are not familiar with the storyline, 'dolls' have their memory wiped and reprogrammed for each assignment.
2) Who can go past Lena Headey as Sarah Connor in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. She's English and carries a big gun.
3) One of my favourites, Natalie Portman at her butt-kicking best as Mathilda in Leon: The Professional. As Padmé in Star Wars and Evey in V for Vendetta, these were secondary, love-struck roles (IMHO)
4) Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander in the Millennium Trilogy, abused but still manages to tattoo a rapist in the nether regions and hacks into an account, running off with a billion SEK.
5) Emma Watson as Hermione Granger, witch extraordinaire!
6) Something about Japanese girls in school uniform wielding samurai swords... Gianna Jun as Saya in Blood: The Last Vampire.
7) If Johnny Depp can get the ladies drooling, Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swann gets me hot under the collar.
8) Can't go past a flaming red head, Famke Janssen as Phoenix in the X-Men.
9) One has to include Miranda Otto as Eowyn, the strong silent type in Lord of the Rings.
Ringwraith: No man can kill me. Die now.
Eowyn: I am no man.
10) Dilemma, do I include someone tried and trusted or a total new comer. Went for the latter and introducing Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen in the Hunger Games.
Keep an eye out for her... could be another Lara Croft