Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Surf or turf ?

I love fantasising about where I'll go when I finally stop work. Beach or mountains...

For $299,950, I can get this 2 bedroom apartment in Toukley, about an hour from Sydney.



Main bedroom has an ensuite (incontinence problems with old age... nice!), walk in robe, kitchen with stone benches (after I get motivated from watching too many cooking shows) and a pool....

or

For  $250,000, I can get over 6 acres of gently sloping land with escarpment views in Little Hartley, two hours from Sydney. 
 
I can build my eco-lodge, there's power and phone (read Internet!)

5 comments:

Jeni Ferguson said...

both are beautiful. living eco-friendly with nature sounds divine.

Young Werther said...

Fingers crossed we encounter a bit of a downturn so it all becomes a little bit cheaper.

Terrible aren't I? Wishing for a recession!

Lisa said...

I would prefer the land vs the ocean but I think you are an Ocean, low maintenance sort of person. Go with the Ocean!! You won't have much yard work and forget hauling in wood for the stove etc.

oh and yes wait until the prices go down LOL!

Lavender said...

(((((droooling))))

Young Werther said...

Hi Lisa, Lavender. Know you both would love Little Hartley, snuggled in the Blue Mountains....