Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sammy!

This lady's been making waves recently, no doubt annoying a whole lot of women around the globe. Yup, I referring to the one and only Samantha Brick!


A columnist with the Daily Mail, writer of "Why women hate me for being beautiful." and "I describe myself as a trophy wife." 

You might think of her an insecure and incapable 'poppet' (her words, not mine), but there was a time when Sam was a high flier, TV producer and production company owner (read more here).

I honestly think it's an act, she's not daft and it's TRUE, pleasant woman bosses are an exception! This is from personal experience. Sam talks about hormones, bitchiness and emotion, I could add chip on the shoulder and something to prove (hence those power shoulder pads).

The other reason for her statements, it's all about publicity and online clout (or klout!), where one gets invites or job offers based on ones' Klout score. 

Silly huh?


4 comments:

Jo Dee said...

It may indeed be a strategy on her part, for exactly the reason you suspect. Notoriety brings you to people's attention.

lilly said...

Well she got a lot of publicity but it made her look like a tool and made her French husband look pathetic. I read the Daily Mail all the time which makes me look like an even bigger tool, lol.

Mmm the thing about women bosses. The best boss I ever had was a female BUT she had really high self esteem so was not threatened in any way by anyone. The worst boss I ever had was a male sociopath. It was a nightamre. However, I think it is true that men generally make better bosses - I am not sure why - they dont get so emotionally involved perhaps? I think personally I was a great boss .....yeah, just call me Samantha .......

Young Werther said...

Hi JD, quite often people say something just to elicit some response (what we call sh*t stirring)

Lilly, with no News of the World (and Sun is NSFW), I too peruse the DM, for the news! :)

office 2011 mac product key said...

Once you've Facebook Residence in your Android phone, your lock screen turns into a very fairly Cover Feed - Facebook’s new term for its stream of pictures and status updates that take up the entire screen. Without even unlocking your telephone, you see the newest updates out of your good friends windows 7 product key in a slow pace that lets you basically study and adhere to. Unlocking the telephone and going suitable to your Facebook Residence screen is as rapid and uncomplicated as windows anytime upgrade key swiping towards the left for any new photo or status update, or swiping your profile photo at the bottom of the screen.