Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

One afternoon...



















Don't normally wander out at lunch time but with a stuffed up and sniffling nose thought an afternoon stroll may help.

Noticed many more homeless on the streets and closing down sales on every corner. There are exceptions, the  Louis Vuitton, the three story Apple store and Burberrys seems to be doing ok. The $15 barber with the well thumbed copies of RALPH is positively thriving. Maybe it's because the old gents that run the place have been replaced by lovely Japanese ladies.... 

I'm not a scrooge, I did leave a tip after my haircut!

4 comments:

Lavender said...

"Adorably Incorrigible" thats how Id describe you :)

Young Werther said...

LOL thanks for the compliment!

Cinderella said...

There will always be 10% of the population, who through their own efforts or the efforts of a family passing it down to them through an inheiritance, are wealthy.

The rest of the economy continues to be doing poorly now. I don't see anything that is going to change this in the near future.

We still have too many people for the number of available jobs.
I'd suggest population control, but only one country seems to think this is feasible.
And even if people DID only have 1.2 children per household, that still doesn't help for right now.

What are your ideas if you had the power to make effective changes, YW?

Young Werther said...

Cinderella, a difficult question. No matter what is done, someone will be unhappy. Difficult to please everybody :(

Now, I can see why some become hermits...