Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Why am I not surprised II...

I'm sure you've been following the story in China about the little boy who was hit by a van and how long it took before anyone helped...



Unfortunately, that's a reflection of today's society. I wrote a while ago Why I'm not surprised, where ambulance officers were being sued for "unlawful assault and battery" and the judgment of the California Supreme Court.

5 comments:

Cinderella11pm said...

YW,
That is totally repugnant and pathetic behavior.
Where is their empathy? Where is the desire to assist?

What sort of a culture do we have (or them) that would sue someone trying to help?
Ugh.

I know you aren't surprised by it YW,, and how sad that we are cynical and correct in being so.
Our world is a mess, and the majority of people don't even get it or care.

You may be the example that is different with your own actions - and you are the minority.
How then can you make a difference that causes a change?

Caue I'm not seeing too many changes for the good.

Young Werther said...

It's sad... One reads of so many good Samaritans getting hurt or murdered for just doing what's right.

Cinderella said...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/world_now/2011/10/toddlers-death-evokes-outpouring-of-grief-and-guilt.html

and yes, it is outrageous when someone tries to help and is condemned for it.

Lilly said...

That is such a sad story and unfortunately not surprising. Poor baby..

Young Werther said...

Do you recall the poor guy who was shot for helping this girl... can't recall if in Syd or Melb.