Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Done it!

Leaving Facebook. Screenshot kept for posterity.

Finally, I've pressed that deactivate button. Yes, I've removed myself from Facebook, deleted, gone!

The final straw? It was being added to a protest group, campaigning for something by a "friend", without my consent. To a group I have no interest in, nor did I support what they were campaigning for.

Fun is one thing, but landing up on the blacklist of a foreign government is another.

5 comments:

Karen said...

wow. How did you find out you'd been added to the group ? That's got me pretty nervous, have to say...

Young Werther said...

via email and one's groups appear on the left sidebar.

Karen said...

only a few of my groups are there, which leaves email...which may may not be effective if email notifications are turned off...and, of course, if you turn them on you'l be buried in email.

Think you may have the right of it.

Cinderella said...

Hi YW.
That's really creepy. Smart to remove yourself from it.

I only am on FB for the 'business' of my travel website.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend otherwise.

Any opinions on Cain for President here in the USA?

Young Werther said...

Really don't know much about Cain. Initially, got him confused with McCain...