Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Confimation...

Say no to FB Groups

In the SMH today, headlines read Facebook intelligence used to target CHOGM protesters.

Deputy Commissioner Chris Dawson said in the meantime protest actions, such as the Anti-Corporate Greed and Anti-Wall Street movements, have been widely monitored through Facebook and Twitter.

"Police are monitoring all such groups and that's proper, there's nothing underhanded in that," he said.

Guess why I deactivated my account...

5 comments:

Cinderella said...

Wow. That is really creepy. I can see monitoring terorist activity, but monitoring anything else is just overkill.

Young Werther said...

Too much of our lives is now public. Guess, the less we tell, the better. Have you seen the "takethislollypop.com horror?

Cinderella said...

I hadn't seen it or known of it. Went to the link and read the article. Verifies what you and I both know - don't put information on the web that you aren't willing a total stranger to know about!

I also refuse to put all of my various credit card numbers on one of the 'protect your info' internet security things! I figure if I don't give it to them - they don't HAVE the info, then it can't be stolen!!!

Lilly said...

Well lawyers use peoples facebook pages all the time scouring for evidence. People are insane really putting up too much personal info. I never discuss work or relationships in any degree for that reason.

Young Werther said...

Lilly, spot on. Don't post what you want kept private. Can you imagine the following complaint:

"I love my fans, but I really wish you all wouldn't scope out my personal photos on the web, those photos are for my friends, my family, and I. I love you all but please no more photo creeping".

Duh!