Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The silly season...

Don't you just love reporters. I know one person who doesn't, Cardinal George Pell. Commenting on the miracles of Mary MacKillop, he said "Yes obviously (cancer can be cured by prayer), and there are quite a number of examples in the books."

And the headlines screamed: Books prove prayer can cure cancer, says archbishop

I think what he wanted to say was "There are quiet a number of documented cases where prayer helped cancer go into remission..." Sigh, George, gotta watch what you say.

Poor Britney, been accused of eating cute furry things! Britney Spears denies eating squirrels says the headlines. All it was, Spears's official website published a list of the top 75 silly stories.

And finally, I don't care if I have a heart attack, bugger the calories and cholesterol, I had to add this. Bacon, sausage, (deep) fried bread, mushroom, tomatoes, baked beans and fried egg... coffee! Where's the coffee??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I contemplate the list inform should acquire more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Easily I agree but I about the brief should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

I inclination not approve on it. I assume precise post. Particularly the designation attracted me to read the whole story.

Lavender said...

Cant deny Id love that breakfast - maybe I could find a diner somewhere off the beaten track - wear a long coat and a big hat - no one would have to know.....

Happy New Year Mate!

Brenda said...

I have had squirrel as a child. In fact, there are so many in my yard that I have been thinking of shooting them and stocking up the freezer for the winter.

Loving Annie said...

The media is so irresponsible though when it sensationalizes headlines, knowing that someone's intentions weren't along the track of the quote, and not asking for clarification during the conversation.