Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

You can't be a Christian...

... and practice Tai chi or Yoga. Reverend Viv Morse from Wynyard Baptist Church took offense at a senior citizens' Tai Chi class.

"Half of Tai Chi is Taoism and Zen Buddhism, which is in total contrast to what we as a Christian church believe in." Rev Morse said.

He goes on to say "It's about a type of meditation, and what they call search for enlightenment, where you go into things like yoga do (yoga do) or, like in the martial arts, meditations where you just emptied your mind and let it go wherever it wanted to.

Well that stands in opposition to Christianity, which says we are to be in control of our faculties."

Nice... bring back the inquisition!

Read the story here.

2 comments:

The Rambling Taoist said...

My, my, you're entry highlighted the second instance today of some crazed Christian zealot speaking out against the evils of Tai Chi (of all things!). It simply boggles my mind. You're right, maybe the inquisition will be coming to our neighborhoods soon.

Loving Annie said...

The Catholic Church and I don't agree on hardly anything.