Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Twits and Twitter(s) !

Keep receiving these invites to keep up with mates on Twitter. You may wonder what it is...

The official blurb is "Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?"

According to Wiki it's "a social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read other users' updates, tweets, which are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length."

Twits!

1) It costs me hard cold cash every time I send a SMS!
2) Tried signing on and I'm told...


3) Fine... Clicked forgot password and...

4) Helpdesk or support. I'd be that lucky. One has to sign in to be able to access support, and that I can't do!


Twitters

Barack Obama
Malcolm Turnbull
Kevin Rudd

6 comments:

seshasai said...

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the launch of 'Chakpak Picture Gallery Widgets - beta' . Movie Picture Gallery Widgets are small HTML scriptlets which you can copy to your blog and they show nifty picture gallery for the configured movie. They are a neat addition to your blog entry.

It looks like you are a movie buff, and frequently blog about movies. These Picture Gallery Widgets would be a great addition to the movie reviews that you write.

To start just go to http://telugu-tamil-widget.blogspot.com/ Find the widget which you like. Click on Grab this widget and copy-paste the HTML scriptlet to your blog.

We hope you like them. Please send us any feedback on the widgets and help us improve the widgets further.

Regards,
Chakpak Team
http://www.chakpak.com
http://telugu-tamil-widget.blogspot.com/

nthmost said...

Yeah I turned off the oh-so-helpful SMS portion of the equation long ago.

I actually use Twitter 90% from my laptop. On my phone I do post updates but never through SMS...

Do you have a data service for your phone? Whatever phone you have, I'm sure there's a Twitter app for it by now that uses your data service.

Loving Annie said...

I refuse to do any of that. No MySpace, No Facebook, no texting, no i.m.ing - blogging is as technical as I'm willing to get ! There's a reason God invented the telephone to keep in touch...

Young Werther said...

Hey Nthmost, fortunately I do have free unlimited data (Blackberry thing) but I'm kinda locked out of Twitter. But then I'm one of those stubborn sob and will keep lobbing grenades into that Twitter trench till I get somewhere.

Refuse to start a new email account!

Hi Annie. At least you won't be getting finger cramps :)

Trixie said...

Maybe it's something to do with the Young Werther in California thats already there?

Young Werther said...

Hi Trix, finally problem solved... found this hidden message.

"Account restoration is temporarily unavailable for some users. If you have already deleted your account, you'll be unable to use your former user name and email address with a new Twitter account. Visit the Twitter Status Blog for updates."

Now let's see if I can reclaim my account. Wish I were that guy in California ;)