A friend had her Facebook account hacked yesterday and this message was sent
You look just right on this secret video.
OPS (OPS? sic... Oops)
http://www.geocities.com/wsrthoxzd/index.htm?07dch27db=11606d (link changed)
What was ingenious about this is that:
- it plays on your curiosity and expectation of a dirty videos hence your propensity to click ;)
- it's from a trusted source, a Facebook friend
- Clicking on the link you get presented with a very authentic screen (OK it's hosted at Geocities, which is wrong!). There are embed codes, a video screen and comment option.
- Then a pop up appears telling you do not have an updated Flash Player
- You are offered an update to save and run...
Always source updates from the original software sites eg. Flash Player from adobe.com, or from a reputable site like download.com
Looks like she wasn't the only one. Lindsay Lohan had her account hacked too. Happens to the best of us ;)