Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Hacker's list of online accounts

OK guys... investigation by the Sydney Morning Herald (October 9, 2008) on hackers, phishers and nasty things... Article here

Email addresses, matched with user names and passwords for online memberships, were offered by the hacker for anyone wanting to try their hand at identity theft or even financial fraud.

The distributor of the data, a hacker who uses the name Farbod, offered 9600 identities for free. His motivation? To earn status and credibility on a website that rates hackers' skills.

Farbod, who purports to be from Texas, has already advanced in rank from lowly "pirate in training" to "Microsoft nightmare".

To his peers, giving away logins and passwords was viewed as an act of largesse.

Many of the accounts were generic accounts for Hotmail, Yahoo! and Gmail. Full list here

4 comments:

Trixie said...

Oh dear, he IS a nightmare!

Sorry I haven't been around, for some reason, your posts aren't appearing on my blogline!

Aleta said...

Well, that's enough to make me gag! I blogged not long ago about Debit Theft. This makes me sick, truly.

Lavender said...

Egads! Whats with people these days, eh? Truly Iam just not devious enough to become either rich, famous OR infamous!

Young Werther said...

There are all sorts out there and the worst ones keep sending me DHL zip files and e-cards in an attempt to nick my logon and password :(

Hope your email address isn't on the list.