Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

I should have been a Chef

Spending the weekend with the boy attending open university days. For those wondering what I'm on about, universities have open days where they flaunt their facilities in an attempt to entice school leavers to apply for one of their courses.

After pigging out at the free Chancellor's BBQ (a Chancellor is the head of the University), I was sandwiched between 17 year olds in Lecture Theater 100, listening to some Professor drone on about the future of the I.T. industry. It was an insane 29C (84F) this spring day and naturally, Dad nodded off.

Owww, sharp pain, boy elbowed me in the ribs, sat up startled only to catch the Professor conclude "I.T. unlike law is not locality specific. Australian I.T. professionals are accepted in the U.S. ... just like Chefs."

Now they tell me... *sigh*

________________________________________


Encountered a damn flaw in LinkedIn, a business-oriented social networking site. One can set ones privacy so that your contacts cannot see others within your network.

Well and good if you click into Connections, you go no further but should one click Network Statistics, hell everyone of your contacts are listed.

Sorry... Remove Connection *click*

8 comments:

Aoide said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
liz fenwick said...

Your post made laugh - chefs and IT pros....like it.

The Black Boxes widget brought me here :-)

Young Werther said...

Aoide:Keep reading about identity thefts and phishing. One can never be over cautious.

Liz:G'day Liz. Don't you love the BB (I don't mean the Blackberry)

Aoide said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aoide said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HelenMH said...

I can't believe the black boxes widget brought me to someone in Sydney. I've only been once but I loved it so much!

GreenJello said...

The Black Box brought me here... hello from another should-have-been-a-chef. :)

Young Werther said...

Hi Helen, GreenJello. Thanks for dropping by. Love this BB widget.