Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Kangaroos

The national emblem of Australia (Commonwealth Coat of Arms) has two native animals the kangaroo and emu holding a shield featuring the six states.

It's believed that the kangaroo and emu were chose to symbolise a nation moving forward (ever seen a kangaroo hopping or an emu strutting backwards).

But did you know that last year, the government authorised the culling of more than 3.5 million kangaroos, that is 3,500,000 !!

Read about culling at the News Corporation site.

3 comments:

Loving Annie said...

That is sad.

Lavender said...

Dont get me started Mate!

Young Werther said...

I was pretty much speechless after reading the sheer numbers culled. Shocked !