Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Monday, May 12, 2008

The Hills Hoist

The Hills Hoist is a unique Aussie invention. A revolving clothesline, where we can hand our wet laundry to dry in the Aussie sun.

So it came as a great shock to me to read over the weekend that “clotheslines are banned, as they are in much of the United States.” Read article here.

The article went on to say “…was considering a law giving homeowners the right to use clotheslines despite neighbourhood fears that displays of underwear would undermine property values. But as with similar proposals in Vermont and New Hampshire, the reformers failed and bans stay in place.”

I couldn’t believe it. A quick Google wasn’t much help. I was told that there are definitely clotheslines in New Hampshire.

Can anyone please enlighten me?

1 comment:

Aoide said...
This comment has been removed by the author.