Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I am woman...

I am woman watch me grow,

See me standing toe to toe,
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land,
But I'm still an embryo,
With a long, long way to go,
Until I make my brother understand...

I am woman - Helen Reddy
_________________________


THE video is shaky, but the brutality is clear.

A slender girl is dragged in a headlock through a mob of men. Within seconds she is on the ground, covering her head in a futile attempt to fend off a shower of stones.

Someone slams a concrete block onto the back of her head. A stream of blood oozes from beneath her long hair. The girl stops moving, but the kicks and the rocks keep coming, as do the victorious shouts of the men delivering them.

She was 17 and her crime was to love a boy from another religion.

Duaa Khalil Aswad, how can we ever forget the way you were treated...

(Report and Video from Chicago Tribune )

_________________________


She lost her son, Casey in Iraq, invested every cent she received from the death benefits paid for Casey's death, every cent she earned from speaking and book fees, into a cause she believed in.

Still, many bills remain unpaid and her questions unanswered.

She has been labelled repulsive, dreadful, upsetting, shocking, appalling, every adjective imaginable. Threats have been made to her life many, many times and her 29-year marriage to her high school sweetheart had ended.

Cindy Sheehan is is tired and worn down. Finally, she said "I am going to go home and be a mother to my surviving children and try to regain some of what I have lost."

All this suffering for standing up against something she believes in, against a war she is opposed to. Her effort was all for naught.

Cindy Sheehan, we salute you...

_________________________


Jesus turned toward the woman and said to Simon "Do you see this woman? I came into your house...

You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.

You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet.

You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet.

Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven -- for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little."

Women everywhere, remember Jesus loves you...

(Luke 7:44-47)

_________________________


If you know the song and words , sing it with Helen... (Watch Helen on Youtube)

I am woman, hear me roar,
In numbers too big to ignore,
And I know too much to go back an' pretend,
'Cause I've heard it all before,
And I've been down there on the floor,
No one's ever gonna keep me down again...

Oh yes, I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to
I can do anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman.

No comments: