Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Is this comment sexist?

A reporter asked Joe “So why, is Julia twice as popular as you in industrial relations?”

Joe laughed and said: “Well, Julia is on the front cover of the ABC magazine, she is in Women's Weekly and all those things. I'm not as pretty as Julia, obviously.”

We're led to believe that this was the end of the known world...WTF it's a typical media beat up for lack of any real news.

"The remarks ricocheted around news websites, prompting internet surfers to rush to Julia's assistance. A Herald website poll attracted more than 5,300 responses." One in five agreed that Joe’s comment was a sexist putdown.

Yes, 1 in 5, a mere 20%.....80% couldn't give a f*ck! I want to know who the 20% were.

Read More
_________________________________

Would you dress your kids in these pyjamas?

With the end of the world scenerio approaching, every little bit helps I suppose.

No point getting caught approaching St Peter at the Pearly Gate in that black sheer, peek-a-boo nightie :o)

No comments: